incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: OpenOffice nightly
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 23:06:44 GMT
Am 06.12.2011 21:35, schrieb Ariel Constenla-Haile:

> yes, this looked quit strange, and I didn't notice it was trying to link
> against salcpprt until I tested a clean build with only one process. It
> seems building with multi-processes is a bit tricky, because the build
> tries to go on as far as it can. So you may try to rebuild the broken
> module after build.pl stops, and it may seem to build find; in this
> case, sal seems to be build in parallel with that broken module, so you
> don't notice the dependency.

You perfectly described why we started to work on the new build system
based on a single process make in the first place. :-)

> So, it does try to link against ucpp.
> The switch seems to come from solenv/inc/unxlng.mk#226
>
> LIBSALCPPRT*=-Wl,--whole-archive -lsalcpprt -Wl,--no-whole-archive

That alone isn't wrong - the question is why is LIBSALCPPRT used as a
linker input? I can't find that anywhere in the makefile. Perhaps it's
one of the "clever" automatic dependencies that the old build system
added at its own will, e.g. the automatic dependency on uwinapi.dll in
every Windows library that I once removed in a painful procedure.

Instead of adding a dependency on sal I would rather recommend to look
for the place where this obviously wrong dependency is added. Maybe I
can find some time in the next days.

Regards,
Mathias