incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: OpenOffice nightly
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 19:40:26 GMT
Am 04.12.2011 21:50, schrieb Ariel Constenla-Haile:

> On Sun, Dec 04, 2011 at 12:28:59AM -0300, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
>>
>> Hi Andrew,
>>
>> On Sat, Dec 03, 2011 at 06:55:19PM -0800, Andrew Rist wrote:
>> > The nightly[1] has been updated and we have both RAT[2] and logs[3] now.
>> > Any help fixing the build would be great.
>> > Andrew
>> >
>> > [1] http://ci.apache.org/builders/openofficeorg-nightly/
>> > [2] http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/rat-output.html
>> > [3] http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/buildlogs/log/unxlngx6.pro.build.html
>> >

>> /bin/bash: /home/buildslave19/slave19/openofficeorg-nightly/build/main/solver/340/unxlngx6.pro/bin/makedepend:
No such file or directory

>> This module is missing a dependency on soltools (where makedepend is
>> built). Try the attached patch.
>
> on a clean build I noticed it also tries to link agains salcpprt, so you
> need to add sal to the dependency list.
>
> Regards

This would be a bad idea. External sources (even patched ones) should
not have dependencies on OOo sources. So it would be desirable to
replace any sal related code in external source code with some "native"
code. Besides that, I failed to see where ucpp might use something from
sal: the patch file only creates a dmake makefile and leaves the
original sources untouched. Why should it have any dependencies on sal?

Regards,
Mathias