incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Native support of the SVG graphic format in Apache OpenOffice.org
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 19:28:30 GMT
Am 04.12.2011 21:27, schrieb Ariel Constenla-Haile:

> On Sun, Dec 04, 2011 at 07:14:26PM +0100, eric b wrote:
>> P.S. : I got Mac Intel versions for testing purpose. Contact me in
>> private if you are interested. Windows build should follow, but
>> somebody seriously broken the build (probably yet another gnumake4
>> mess)
>
> nobody has integrated anything from cws gnumake4. You can look at
> the history of solenv/gbuild files, and changes there have been rather
> small. So your build is broken due to other reasons.
>
> Last build breaker I've seen has been found by Andrew, in ucpp. You can
> see it in a clean build, if you do build --all in ucpp.
> On the other hand, I've experienced some random crashes with cygwin's
> make, again unrelated to source code changes.

The original Cygwin make is version 3.81 and has a concurrency problem.
This was fixed in make 3.82, but this version is not available on
Cygwin. Besides that, unfortunately 3.82 seems to have another bug that
is revealed by building OOo with it. So I took the 3.81 source code,
applied the bug fix for the 3.81 crash and it worked as fine as it can
on Cygwin. I had documented that in the Building Guide in the old OOo Wiki.

Regards,
Mathias