incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Rist <andrew.r...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice nightly
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 04:52:40 GMT
> Hi Andrew,
>
> On Sat, Dec 03, 2011 at 06:55:19PM -0800, Andrew Rist wrote:
>> The nightly[1] has been updated and we have both RAT[2] and logs[3] now.
>> Any help fixing the build would be great.
>> Andrew
>>
>> [1] http://ci.apache.org/builders/openofficeorg-nightly/
>> [2] http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/rat-output.html
>> [3] http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/buildlogs/log/unxlngx6.pro.build.html
>>
> /bin/bash: /home/buildslave19/slave19/openofficeorg-nightly/build/main/solver/340/unxlngx6.pro/bin/makedepend:
No such file or directory

> This module is missing a dependency on soltools (where makedepend is
> built). Try the attached patch.
(Thanks for looking at the nightly and diagnosing the issue...)

My interest here is to get a nightly build (well, set of builds, with
win, Mac, and Sol) that run the default build which  should in theory
rarely be broken.  If needed, I could see on rare occasions going in and
testing patches on the build machine, but in general, I'm thinking the
process for fixing the build is checking in the fix for whatever is broken.

Basically, if a patch breaks the build, I think it should either be
fixed or reverted.

A.