incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Rist <andrew.r...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice nightly
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 04:45:11 GMT
On 12/4/2011 12:12 AM, eric b wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Le 4 déc. 11 à 03:55, Andrew Rist a écrit :
>
>> The nightly[1] has been updated and we have both RAT[2] and logs[3] now.
>> Any help fixing the build would be great.
>

> What could help a lot:
>
> *  to the commiters:  commit something AFTER they verified the build
> is ok everywhere ?
> *  when removing a dependency in the tree, provide a solution,
> verified building everywhere, BEFORE to commit the change.
>
> My 2 cts
>
>> Andrew
>>
>> [1] http://ci.apache.org/builders/openofficeorg-nightly/
>> [2] http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/rat-output.html
>

> How is built  db-4.7 (aka berkeleyb)? Means from where comes the
> db-4.7 we see in the log ?
>
> I did the build on Mac OS X and Windows, and the .tar.gz is no longer
> present ...breaking the build.
I have not cleared out the source tree, and the log aggregater just
grabs all the logs in the tree, so this may be an issue of something
still there from an earlier build.  check the time/date stamps for that
part.

> Just a suggestion : instead of display directly the rat-output (very
> heavy page), isn't it possible to propose a choice, like  :
>
> [ click me]  short  log
> [ click me]  full log
>
> And once clicked, redirect to either the short log or the full one ?
I didn't look to check if there is a short form RAT output.  That's just
the stock RAT output.
Don't have any interest in mucking around in the RAT stuff, but have
been thinking about a master nightlies page, which might have a overview
of the build status, including a summary of RAT status.
A.