incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: GPL'd dictionaries (was Re: ftp.services.openoffice.org?)
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2011 17:38:45 GMT
On 11/11/2011 Andrew Rist wrote:
> On Nov 10, 2011, at 3:18 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> Excluding dictionaries from builds would result in confused/enraged users...
> Do you have a proposal as to how we can handle this under Apache?

The proposal is to apply the same rules that we had in place for
OpenOffice.org: mere aggregation of dictionaries.

> How do you suggest we produce an Apache compliant product that has all of the features
expected by our users?

For libraries the removal/replacement will be necessary, so I have no
suggestions other than going on with the current removal/replacement
procedures. For dictionaries, if
is accepted we will be able to retain the features with no effort.

Regards,
   Andrea.