incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]: hosting of source code that doesn't belong to the office directly
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2011 21:00:43 GMT
On 30/11/2011 J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 11/30/11 1:31 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>> Maybe just call it "extensions" ? This could be the root for
>> "standard extensions" that are produced by this project. Some might
>> be app dev related. But we might have other standard extensions in the
>> future, e.g., a CMIS extension using Apache Chemistry.
>
> i thought about "extensions" but in this particular case it is not an
> extension in the classical manner. But it is a developer tool for
> extensions and could be of course hosted there as well.

Then it would be clearer to use "extensions" for stuff that will
eventually be packaged into .oxt files, and "tools" or "devtools" for
the current use case, which is much more relaed to development than to
extensions. Not that I have a strong opinion on this; "extensions" just
seems potentially confusing for an editor plugin.

Regards,
   Andrea.