incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: License of used 3rd party component Berkeley DB - clarification needed
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 23:17:49 GMT
Am 02.12.2011 16:08, schrieb Pedro Giffuni:

> For replacements you probably don't want to go back
> to the version in FreeBSD ... I don't know if maybe
> sqlite which is rather small fits the bill[1].

sqlite is an excellent small and fast database. I would definitely fit
the bill. Worth an investigation.

Nevertheless, I would only look for a replacement for BDB in our help
storage. Using a binary format like BDB for storing the user extension
repository was a bad decision and shouldn't be continued.

Regards,
Mathias