incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject help requested - Re: update of license headers for data files in i18npool
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2011 17:03:09 GMT
Hi,

I need some help here.

It is about the following data files in folder i18npool/source/breakiterator/data/
-- char_in.txt
-- count_word*.txt
-- dict_word*.txt
-- edit_word*.txt
-- line.txt
-- sent.txt

(A) I did not find the original sources of these data files on [2].
Does somebody know the original source for these data files?

(B) The data files count_word*.txt, dict_word*.txt and edit_word*.txt do not
differ much. I assume that they are adapted from the original source for certain
usages and languages.
Can someone confirm this?

(C) I have found files at [3] which correspond to these data files. The found
files are named char.txt, line.txt, sent.txt and word.txt. Thus, it looks like
that the original source of these data files is ICU. This would mean that the
license for these files seems to be the ICU license.
Can someone confirm this?

Note: Eike Rathke stated in an posting made in June 2011 that these data files
are taken from ICU and had been adpated for OOo.

Thus again, can somebody help here?

Best regards, Oliver.

[3]
http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/ICU/ICU-400.39/icuSources/data/brkitr/ and