incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <>
Subject Re: Announce list is live
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2011 23:14:53 GMT

On 28 Dec 2011, at 19:26, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Kay Schenk <> wrote:
> <snip>
>> Hi Andrew --
>> I just forward the message I received from Rob in total to "
>>". Got a return from SYMPA that the editors would
>> look at it. If you or anyone else knows some magic to push this through,
>> that would be great. The announce@oo.o has about 84000 users!
> FYI, we currently have only 134 subscribers to the announce list.

That's hardly a surprise. There is no way at all to get all those people, accumulated over
a decade of community activity, to all subscribe to a new list in a week even if they were
already informed about it and motivated by a need to do so.

I suggest the smartest thing to do is to subscribe the to
so that everyone hears the news from this project and as they come to value that news migrates
of their own accord so as not to lose the information stream when the legacy list eventually
shuts down.

View raw message