incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <>
Subject Re: IP Clearance Milestone
Date Sat, 24 Dec 2011 15:17:50 GMT

On 2011-12-24, at 05:14 , Sally Khudairi wrote:

> Thanks, Ross.
> I'm missing some context here. Who wants to do what, why, and when?

We are still speculating. I had raised the idea of issuing a more or less formal press release,
as OOo used to. Ross and Dennis pointed me to the official blog for this project hosted on
Apache; Ross had suggested we use the blog.

My speculation was: We have a release of AOO coming up. We want to (or I want) make it do
a couple of things:

* inform the world we are here and doing stuff, and that they can join us in the fun;
* inform the world that they can use this release in the same way they used prior versions
of OOo or other OOo-based products

A joint effort of this nature also helps bring together the community; we are all over the
map, and the last year has been gestational as well as bewildering.

> Chat soon.
> -Sally
> [from the mobile; pls pardon spacing/spelling errors]

View raw message