incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [WWW] Changeover is Close - Final Tasks!
Date Sat, 24 Dec 2011 02:35:45 GMT

On Dec 23, 2011, at 5:56 PM, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 1:55 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> (6) We will be changing references to Projects and Project Leaders to Teams and Team
Leaders (thanks Kay for the idea! it's not perfect..).

>> It is a question for the project about what to do with the "Team Leader" category
and the name. There is probably consensus to eliminate "Leaders". I do think it is worth retaining
this information until it is determined if the individuals mentioned contribute to the AOO(i)
project. We can play with this after migration, but it would be good to be consistent for
the start.

> As we all know, leadership at Apache is what you do.  It is not a
> title.  You might the website lead today, but in a month in might be
> someone else.  In fact, you might hope it was even sooner ;-)

I try ;-D

> So rather than declare "leads" in various categories on the
> openoffice.org website (the public facing, user website) I wonder
> whether we could just use our existing "People" page  [1]?  That
> provides an easy way for any committer to indicate their interests and
> it would be easy for anyone to indicate their current project focus as
> well.

If you follow the thread and the commits from Kay today, you'll see that we've removed the
project leader column!

The people page is a good idea. I think that the Apache concept is very ad hoc. ooo-dev is
the place to form up teams for various activities. (I've recently read a history of the Comanches.)

I wonder if we should discuss two of the topnav buttons currently on ooo-site - Teams and
Develop.

I think Teams should be renamed Project and ought to link to a new page that combines projects/accepted.html
and incubator.html. The OOo projects become tables of links into ooo-site.  People, mailing
lists and get-involved would be linked to in the podling site. An explanation that at Apache
Teams are formed on ooo-dev. If you are interested in an improvement: bring it up, help may
appear, a team may form.

I would make this new page in mdtext. I programmed a table enhancement for the CMS today that
will help keep the page compact - columns of rows.

Thoughts?

I wonder if Develop should also go there? Does this all become a new "Get Involved"?

Happy Holidays,
Dave

Regards,
Dave