incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [WWW] new term for old "accepted" projects
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 06:40:37 GMT

On Dec 21, 2011, at 10:19 PM, J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 21. Dezember 2011 schrieb Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com>:
>> Hi all--
>>
>> I was just looking at /projects/accepted.html on
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/
>>
>> with the intention of changing the links to the relative treatment we're
>> using now when I see that Dave has already taken of this! Go Dave! :)
>>
>> My question now is -- it would be nice to highlight this page from the
> home
>> page as we've done with the "Native Language" area ( another very nice
>> treatment by Dave!) but what should we call these areas now?
>> I don't think they should be called "projects" but maybe "teams"? Teh top
>> verbiage on "accepted.html" would need to be changed as well.
>
> an interesting and good question. The term 'teams' does not work well here.
> For some 'component' could work but also not very well.
>
> But I think it shows again that our whole page could benefit of a
> structural and conceptual  redesign.
>
> You did a wonderful and perfect job with the technical migration.  And once
> this is done and finished we should start thinking of a more content
> oriented redesign.

Sure, the podling site is my next target. It's a bit of a mess.

> Or what do you think?

I think Teams is probably a better term for NLC projects.

For the code oriented projects it not be best. There the story is the projects and I think
that some of the projects are marketing and others are code. Some projects are descriptive
of the latest release. Others are older and the wiki now has precedence. I'm about to send
an email about what I think needs to be consider before we migrate the website.

>> It looks like the new site is really moving along well...YAY!
>
> it's great to see the progress, thanks a lot to you guys

About ready to move. I'm excited!

Regards,
Dave