incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CODE] Replace buildid by svn revision, and fix broken --with-build-version
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2011 19:08:17 GMT
Hi Marcus,

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 12:32:11AM +0100, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> As I haven't seen any other comments to this, are you planning to
> commit the changes in this way or have you got other thoughts in the
> meantime?

I committed the patch for the About dialog, fixing the broken
--with-build-version, this allows the string with smaller font you can
see in my Linux builds.

But setting the svn revision as build-id has issues on windows (that's
why they are missing in my Win builds). The buildid is used in the
installer setup.ini as ProductVersion:

[setup]
database=openofficeorg34.msi
msiversion=2.0
productname=OpenOffice.org
productcode={17E2DC94-B047-41FE-A94B-31CFEBCC87E1}
productversion=3.4.9584
upgradekey=Software\OpenOffice.org\OpenOffice.org\3.4\{17E2DC94-B047-41FE-A94B-31CFEBCC87E1}
[languages]
count=1
default=1033

This breaks the installers, because "The first field is the major
version and has a maximum value of 255. The second field is the minor
version and has a maximum value of 255. The third field is called the
build version or the update version and has a maximum value of 65,535."
see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa370859(v=vs.85).aspx

productversion=3.4.$(SVN-REVISION)

here the third field is > 65,535, as we are in revision 1224961
This breaks the installer with a cryptic message
http://people.apache.org/~arielch/images/build-id.png
it took me quite to find out.

In conclusion, I have to think some work around.
In the meantime, --with-build-version can be used to set the date and
the revision on the nightly builds.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile