incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <>
Subject Re: [CODE] Replace buildid by svn revision, and fix broken --with-build-version
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2011 19:08:17 GMT
Hi Marcus,

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 12:32:11AM +0100, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> As I haven't seen any other comments to this, are you planning to
> commit the changes in this way or have you got other thoughts in the
> meantime?

I committed the patch for the About dialog, fixing the broken
--with-build-version, this allows the string with smaller font you can
see in my Linux builds.

But setting the svn revision as build-id has issues on windows (that's
why they are missing in my Win builds). The buildid is used in the
installer setup.ini as ProductVersion:

This breaks the installers, because "The first field is the major
version and has a maximum value of 255. The second field is the minor
version and has a maximum value of 255. The third field is called the
build version or the update version and has a maximum value of 65,535."

here the third field is > 65,535, as we are in revision 1224961
This breaks the installer with a cryptic message
it took me quite to find out.

In conclusion, I have to think some work around.
In the meantime, --with-build-version can be used to set the date and
the revision on the nightly builds.

Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

View raw message