incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: old colored vs new monochrome icons
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 22:55:48 GMT
On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 10:03:02AM -0800, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> That is no help for simply wanting to see what the icons look like.
>
> I see a file with an incredible number of icons in it and I don't want
> to have to decode a patch to figure out what is happening.  I just
> want to know what the intended result is.

it seems you missed the tar with the images
http://people.apache.org/~arielch/images/old-color-icons/images.tar.gz
the cur directory has the current ones,
the old directory has the old icons. Use a decent file explorer with
file preview to see them side by side.

> What is an easy way for us all to be on the same page with regard to
> the result without being plugged into the code base?

well, I can't imagine something easier than using a file browser.
Any way, here are some screen shots:
http://people.apache.org/~arielch/images/old-color-icons/screenshots/
They should be self-explanatory.

Regards