incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: gnumake4 integration (was: Re: [Code] strategy for "child works spaces")
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2011 05:27:16 GMT
Hi Pedro,

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 08:10:55PM -0800, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> > I'm going to create a feature branch, named gbuild (I won't
> > follow the apache-id naming schema, because this was not
> > my work, nor am I going to be the only one committing code
> > to it).
>
> And as I said I'll gladly move there and check the FreeBSD
> required changes.
>
> > I'll apply the set of patches here
> > http://people.apache.org/~arielch/gbuild-13-12-2011/
> > except
> > http://people.apache.org/~arielch/gbuild-13-12-2011/9999-gbuild-convert-lingucomponent.patch
> > that didn't get very well on Windows.
> >

> FWIW,
>
> I noticed there is this change on the gnumake4 branch:
>
> vcl2gnumake: #i116588# move vcl to gbuild (step 1, linux)
> http://hg.services.openoffice.org/cws/gnumake4/rev/373f4b04c6b8
>
> but it's not on your list, maybe I missed it.

this is rather old, and integrated into OOO340:
http://hg.services.openoffice.org/OOO340/rev/373f4b04c6b8

That cws was fully integrated:
http://hg.services.openoffice.org/OOO340/rev/18597186a506

> > Question: shall I copy the whole trunk on the branch or
> > only trunk/main?
> >

> main is enough.

I'm still uncertain about the layout. I do not want to use my apache-id,
this is not my work (well, I converted some modules to gbuild, but it's
the main work from Mathias Bauer, Michael Stahl, et. al. - that info is
kept in the commit messages), and I'm not the only one to commit code in
that branch (I don't do MacOS, FreeBDS, and my Win knowledge is rather
poor, so this has to be a team work).

May be I can use:

branches/gbuild/gbuild1

gbuild being like the id. This way we can use branches/gbuild to create
further feature branches for gbuild conversion that can not be done on
trunk directly (here I can imagine the desktop module, for example).

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina