incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: [Code] strategy for "child works spaces"
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 18:23:05 GMT
On Mon, 5 Dec 2011 18:57:01 +0100
eric b <eric.bachard@free.fr> wrote:

> Le 5 déc. 11 à 18:51, Rory O'Farrell a écrit :
<snip>

> > Do you mean that the continuous tone gradient resolves
into
> > dicrete tonal steps?
> >

> Something lke that, yes. In applied optics (my job in the real
> life) the name is "aliasing", but I'm unsure this is what we
> observe here.

I think this is what in graphics would be called a "grey scale";
I'm just trying to help the description of the result, which may
strike a chord in some else's mind of some problem they have come
across before.

> If you want to verify, I can provide a link to download Mac OS
> X Intel build, either german, english or french (apologies,
> Windows is not finished yet).

I'm not into low level code, due to time constraints.  My free
time is given as a Volunteer on the Forum, where I am one of the
top posters.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>