incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Aoo logo draft
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 14:01:18 GMT
On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 08:41:25 -0500
drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:

> Good morning (for those nearby)
> The capital letters are now set to font M+ 1c (more elongated)
> All characters in Apache are bold
> The word Incubator is also M+ 1c font & bold
> Changed color space on inkscape project
>
> - not sure that helped the color, so will come back to that later this
> afternoon/evening
>
> I did leave the 'pen' in Open as normal (not bold) text - I this makes
> the overall look feel lighter ( more _open :0 )..while the gulls work to
> keep the eye focused.

I'd suggest, with  view to minimal changes when/if OpenOffice moves out of incubation, that
the incubator text be left unemphasised, so that simply omitting it would leave the logo usable
and only subtly changed.  Also, could you brood on a blue fill for the panel, or part thereof,
to maintain a stronger link with the older pre-Apache logo?

These are merely suggestions - no need to reply to them; having worked all my life with artists
I know that they often  need to brood.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>