incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Too many lists
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2011 03:16:22 GMT

On Dec 27, 2011, at 7:07 PM, Wolf Halton wrote:

> Hi Y'all
>
> Would it be better or worse to have "working-group" level IRC channels?
> E.g. people translating documentation into Urdu will have specific
> questions that a smaller, more focused group would be good for. People
> working on developing the website code, etc..
> There are already too many mailing lists to keep track of.  IMO.  I think
> it would be helpful to have focused IRC channels for when one is actually
> working on a piece of this.  I have been helped by such groups in the past,
> and felt as if my measly contributions were useful in that setting.  I have
> been finding it very hard to get my teeth into something on this project,
> in its birthing pains, as have a few others, so I have just read as much as
> I could and kept my lip zipped.

As long as these are working groups. Just keep in mind that the list will need to be informed
of substantive decisions.

So, excellent idea. Let's see if there are any objections.

I have avoided doing this myself, but I can see how a group would reduce the chatter on ooo-dev.

Reading the ooo-issues and ooo-commits MLs is how to watch what is really happening. (except
for the MWiki and Forums.)

Regards,
Dave