incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis R Suárez-Potts <lo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: So - anyone want to talk about Apache OpenOffice...
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 14:08:06 GMT
Hi drew and everyone else on earth now and later,

On 2011-12-21, at 22:01 , drew wrote:

> 1] You do know, however, that the mktg list I speak of is not the old
> list at OO.o - so while at the moment the issues are rather core and the
> dev list makes sense, it makes sense, IMO, to break 'artwork' stuff out
> to the other.
>
> [2]
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOOLogo+proposal

Actually, not precisely. I suspected as much--new not old list--but still felt that (and still
feel) that it is better to have fewer than more lists, at least at first, and that though
I obviously feel marketing is of crucial importance--it's my job, interleaved with community
making--for that very reason I think it best to include marketing discussions with non-marketing
ones, at least until such point as conversations wanted become lost.

louis