incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: Announce list is live
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2011 19:44:11 GMT
On Wed, 2011-12-28 at 14:26 -0500, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>

> > Hi Andrew --
> >
> > I just forward the message I received from Rob in total to "
> > announce@openoffice.org". Got a return from SYMPA that the editors would
> > look at it. If you or anyone else knows some magic to push this through,
> > that would be great. The announce@oo.o has about 84000 users!
> >

> FYI, we currently have only 134 subscribers to the announce list.

And the sky is blue - my suggestion use the website cut over for a
legitimate announce list class event - send to both the new and the old
announce list (assume and ask for it to be moderated onto the old one) -
put a copy to the blog, even if others a planning more extensive blog
posts - an extra simple post won't hurt.

my .02 -

@(Dave, Kay, Gaven, others all...)
The new site is really great...

//drew