incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [WWW] Changeover is Close - Final Tasks!
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 20:34:25 GMT
No. What I'd recommend is to put a redirect into
ooo-site so it points at the lists url on openoffice.org.
At least until there's corresponding content available
for ooo-site at which point you can remove the redirect
back to openoffice.org.

>________________________________

to http://www.openoffice.org/projects/www/lists/ and 404, since ooo-site.apache.org/projects/www/lists/
has nothing there?

>- Dennis

They will need to be removed, but I don't think that should stop us from migration.

>I do agree that we should make the old legacy visible on the new site. I've asked for
someone to look into /mail_list.html. Links to http://openoffice.org/projects/ and http://openoffice.org/projects/www/lists/.
would be welcome additions. CTR people!

>Regards,
>Dave
>

>>> ________________________________

that each of the OpenOffice.org projects (and NL projects) have:

>>> <http://openoffice.org/projects/www/lists>.
>>>
>>> If you have an OpenOffice.org login, you will see Subscribe and (if already subscribed)
Unsubscribe buttons for each list on that page.  Also, the archives are accessible from those
pages in a browser-friendly form.  This is how one can read the list using a browser and
there is even a way to post to the list via the web interface.

>>> While some people aren't aware that there is this one-stop arrangement and use
the e-mail means of controlling their subscription, others rely on this, including TJ for
administrative functions.

>>> This aspect of the mailing-list service will go away with the cut-over of the
web site.  There is no reminder or announcement about that.