incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [WWW] Changeover is Close - Final Tasks!
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 19:51:06 GMT
But we're NOT cutting over "openoffice.org"
now so I don't see what the hemming and hawing
is about.  We're doing "www.openoffice.org",
aren't we?

>________________________________

of the OpenOffice.org projects (and NL projects) have:

><http://openoffice.org/projects/www/lists>.
>
>If you have an OpenOffice.org login, you will see Subscribe and (if already subscribed)
Unsubscribe buttons for each list on that page.  Also, the archives are accessible from those
pages in a browser-friendly form.  This is how one can read the list using a browser and
there is even a way to post to the list via the web interface.

>While some people aren't aware that there is this one-stop arrangement and use the e-mail
means of controlling their subscription, others rely on this, including TJ for administrative
functions.

>This aspect of the mailing-list service will go away with the cut-over of the web site.
There is no reminder or announcement about that.