incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: So - anyone want to talk about Apache OpenOffice...
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 03:01:18 GMT
On Wed, 2011-12-21 at 21:18 -0500, Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:
> Hi Drew, et al.,
>
> On 2011-12-21, at 20:34 , drew wrote:
>
> > Howdy,
> >
> > Lot's of stuff breezing around, huh?
> >
> > OK - so it appears 'we' have made a public announcement of a 1st quarter
> > release...cool.
> >
> > Guess it's time to actually decide on some of the issues Graham has been
> > so articulate in presenting.
> >
> > Do we want to talk branding on this list or back on the Marketing list..
>
> Let's use this list. Reason: there are many here who could contribute their insights,
and until such point as the noise deafens us, I see no compelling reason to use a new list,
or even a newly repurposed old list--which will have ghosts of yesteryear rattling reminder
chains hobbling our novelty.

Hi louis,

Fair enough. [1]

For me the first question, I suppose is the name of the application.

Looking again at the branding proposal page[2], notice that there are
two distinct images for an install graphics.

One clearly uses a product name of OpenOffice.org, released by Apache
OpenOffice.

The second has only the name Apache OpenOffice.

In the last comment on the page Dennis H. gives his preference, Apache
OpenOffice as the product name.

Wondering how then folks want to use the OpenOffice.org name itself, if
that were the case?

I'm interested in your take on that.

Best wishes,

//drew

[1] You do know, however, that the mktg list I speak of is not the old
list at OO.o - so while at the moment the issues are rather core and the
dev list makes sense, it makes sense, IMO, to break 'artwork' stuff out
to the other.

[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOOLogo+proposal