incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: old colored vs new monochrome icons
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 02:01:00 GMT
On Sat, 2011-12-17 at 10:48 +0100, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 12/17/2011 10:20 AM, schrieb Gianluca Turconi:
> > In data 17 dicembre 2011 alle ore 03:08:55, Rob Weir
> > <robweir@apache.org> ha scritto:
> >
> >> So if each application installs its own icons, then of course icons
> >> will be application-specific. Needs no ghost from the grave to tell
> >> us that. But we could just as well have multiple apps use the same
> >> icons for the same file types.
>
> Yes, that is also my understanding. We want colored icons for AOO 3.4.
> Everything else can be integrated after that.
>
> Marcus
>

> > Can I affirm that there is consensus for the first step towards colored
> > icons in AOO 3.4?
> >
> > Nobody objected to that first phase so consensus should have been
> > achieved and Drew and Pedro who are working on this issue should do so
> > without fear, IMO.
> >
> > For other discussions, a separated thread should be started. BTW, always
> > IMO, the icons have a marketing weight too.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Gianluca

Howdy folks,

A little late - but, I did manage to put a few hours into adding color
to the ODF icons found on the odftoolkit site[1].

To be honest at the moment I am not satisfied with these, though I
wanted to put a teaser up for the moment:
http://lo-portal.us/aoo/example-icons.png

I will find another hour or two tonight and put the actual files I'm
working on to the wiki.

However, I have to say that after doing a little of this and looking at
the other options the option of roling the file icons back to the 3.0
set of files is making more sense.

Anyway, will follow up with another email as soon as I update the wiki.

Thanks,

//drew