incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: [code] Notes on the Windows version
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 01:51:10 GMT
On Mon, 2011-12-19 at 19:13 +0100, J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 12/19/11 6:23 PM, eric b wrote:
> > Hello the list,
> >

> > Here is a copy-paste of some notes I wrote for the Windows version. If I
> > remember correctly, there are some Oracle traces remaining, mostly when
> > using the MSI.
> >

> > Notes about the Windows version :
> >
> > 1) MS Installer :
> >
> > The following icons need to be modified/removed
> >
> > ooobanner.bmp
> > ooobitmap.bmp
> > ooosdkbanner.bmp
> >
> > 3) These icon names are used in : instsetoo_native/util/openoffice.lst
> > e.g. can we create new icons, and change the names ?
> why renaming? Let us simply replace them with new ones.

Hi,

OK - a little off topic, but a good place to break in I suppose.

There was also a basic install graphic (image.bmp).. I went ahead and
made two possible replacements for the file:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOOLogo+proposal

They are about mid way down the page..

Looking for feedback on the ideas..and if other folks have not started
on those other images I could follow up, after the feedback, on those
also.

Best wishes,

//drew

<snip>