incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Time for the ASF to send an Open Letter?
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2011 18:24:43 GMT

--- Lun 19/12/11, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@suse.com> ha scritto:

> On Mon, 2011-12-19 at 08:40 -0800, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> > Please don't take anything personally. I just find it
> > amusing that your signature says you are a
> pseudo-engineer,
>
>     Ah ! fair cop :-) that's so people don't
> take me too seriously, and
> hopefully a good reminder to not take myself so; point
> taken.
>
> > I guess we are each other's nemesis?? ;-).
>
>     ;-)
>
> > - The lcc preprocessor we replaced with ucpp.
>
>     It'd be great to have some pointers to
> the code. git grep 'lcc' shows me nothing.

I don't use GIT.

Perhaps the Atlassian FishEye will be helpful there:
https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/ooo

but I don't use that either ;). Perhaps just look
at the ucpp module on SVN web interface and dig the commit
revision from there.

> > - The use of (GPL-incompatible) LPPL in some stuff in
> >   the dictionaries. This was known in
> OOo but is not
> >   an issue in AOO anymore.
>
>     Well; I'll have a look into it; I
> suspect there is some semantic detail / difference in
> how Apache views this vs. how Oracle did (they were
> shipping it of course, with the LPPL license mentioned

We have no view about it, for us GPL or LPPL are both too
restricted so it all went away. I would think neither
would be an issue for a third party shipping the
dictionaries.

Pedro.