incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Support page of website - work planned
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2011 18:12:22 GMT
Well on the one hand announcing plans is
never a bad thing, we don't want to instill
the idea that work from committers needs
to be pre-negotiated prior to execution.
Part of the Apache Way, and in fact the supporting
version control systems, is to allow concurrent
activity to proceed largely unimpeded.  Only
when conflicts happen does there need to be
a discussion about intentions.

This "non-coordinated" workflow is what we
mean when we refer to concepts like CTR or
JFDI.  It can be a difficult lesson for a
large group to ultimately adopt, but is something
we should aspire to at least until it proves
unsustainable.