incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Meeks <michael.me...@suse.com>
Subject Re: Time for the ASF to send an Open Letter?
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2011 17:10:38 GMT

On Mon, 2011-12-19 at 08:40 -0800, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> Please don't take anything personally. I just find it
> amusing that your signature says you are a pseudo-engineer,

	Ah ! fair cop :-) that's so people don't take me too seriously, and
hopefully a good reminder to not take myself so; point taken.

> I guess we are each other's nemesis?? ;-).

	;-)

> - The lcc preprocessor we replaced with ucpp.

	It'd be great to have some pointers to the code. git grep 'lcc' shows
me nothing.

> - The use of (GPL-incompatible) LPPL in some stuff in
>   the dictionaries. This was known in OOo but is not
>   an issue in AOO anymore.

	Well; I'll have a look into it; I suspect there is some semantic
detail / difference in how Apache views this vs. how Oracle did (they
were shipping it of course, with the LPPL license mentioned and linked
in the license file).

	All the best,

		Michael.