incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Cleanup of Docs section of OOo wiki?
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2011 19:57:53 GMT
Ah no. Jean is trying to get a feel for the
web interface to the documentation.  Jean,
the typical workflow is to go to the live

document on the ooo-site.apache.org page,
then click on the ASF CMS bookmarklet you installed
from the cms.apache.org site.  That will
take you (after maybe a minute or so) to
the page you can use to edit the document.
Clicking on the Edit link will open up a
page with a syntax-hilighted html editor.
When you are done editing the page, check
the "Quick Commit" radio button and type a log
message describing the nature of your edits.
Then hit the Submit button.

If all goes well your changes will be committed
to svn and built to the staging site.  If you
are satisfied with the results then publish
your changes to the live site by clicking on
the Publish Site link and filling out the form.

HTH

>________________________________

to be filled in [;<).  I think you may already be familiar with all of this, but I want
to make sure your question is answered in context.

>The way the site is to be maintained, it starts on SVN first and then pages are generated
to a staging/review area and then onto the server location that serves up as the site.  That
is currently the draft site that will become http://openoffice.org when the cut-over happens.
(I believe the Oracle-hosted site has a similar model so this is probably not new news.)

>You can find the authoring location for the docs sections at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/docs/
and the documentation project under content/documentation/ (this is what serves up as documentation.openoffice.org
I believe).

>You can look at those in a web browser to get a taste.  But you'll need to use SVN and
checkout (just creates a local working copy, doesn't lock anything) to work on the material.
You must use the https: form of URL for checkout and your first check-in will require your
Apache committer credentials.

>You'll see what Dave and Shane mean about wrappers and such in looking at the various
materials.  There appear to be many plain HTML pages too.

>Kay Schenk has spent time on the material too and I'm sure will be a good resource for
you because of her familiarity with the original site and the ooo-site.

>Is there any of the user documentation on the MediaWiki?  That works the way it always
did.

>- Dennis

with breadcrumbs and navigation buttons on the top. It will take an hour for the changes to
make it through to http://ooo-site.apache.org/

>>> The download part is good.
>>>
>>> The http://ooo-site.apache.org/support/ and http://ooo-site.apache.org/documentation
do need attention. Your help is very timely. You should be able to edit the pages using the
Bookmarklet.  https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark - login with your apache.org id. (This is
new and looks very cool :-)