incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: A timeline for an Apache OO release
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2011 17:14:51 GMT
My thought.

Given that OpenOffice.org 3.4 Beta is already out there.

An announcement along the lines of:

The Apache OpenOffice (incubating) project set a tentative release time
for OpenOffice.org Version 3.4 for the 1st Qtr of 2012.

sounds about right to my ear.

The pressure of re-branding would be lowered, I would think, moving such
to the 3.5 (or ?) release.

With the provision, of course, replace or not "1st Qtr" with whatever
the developer corps feels appropriate.

Put another way perhaps, I'd weigh the gains from a trade off of
re-branding for quicker release cycle, at this moment.

Best wishes,

//drew