incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@freebsd.org>
Subject R: [build] Windows build inclusive nss and moz
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 19:56:15 GMT
Hi Oliver;

--- Ven 16/12/11, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann ha scritto:

> I think that the prebuilts for module moz (SeaMonkey
> version 1.1.4) should be available inside our SVN
> repository. One option would be to directly check them in
> into folder main/moz/zipped/ where they are needed. Another
> option would be that the bootstrap script triggers a
> corresponding download, similar to our ext_sources
> mechanism.
> More options?
> Which option do we prefer?

SeaMonkey is too big of a monster and it's outdated.
I also read (in OSNews I think) that the latest versions of
firefox broke the limit of what can be reasonably built on
i386.

For ldap we can already use openldap, and nss is available
standalone.
I think it would be much better if we can depend only on
Thunderbird for the addressbook.

Just IMHO of course (FreeBSD's port has always disabled
mozilla).

Pedro.