incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: old colored vs new monochrome icons
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 00:36:39 GMT
On Thu, 2011-12-15 at 19:09 -0500, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 6:37 PM, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:

> >> Do you have a URL for that?
> >
> > http://odftoolkit.org/projects/operations/sources/repository/show/odficons2?rev=3
> >

> OK.  That was in the "operations" tree.  So it was not part of any ODF
> Toolkit module that we brought over to Apache.
>
> But everything there is under ALv2, so I'd recommend bring it over to
> the AOO SVN if you think it is something we need.

I don't know - I suppose I could pull the current mimetype icons out of
the AOO svn repository, using those as the basis just as well - even a
better idea perhaps. I've only, fiddled, with 3 files so far, so no real
loss if of time to switch now.

I believe that set on the ODF Toolkit site are precursors to the set
shipped in OO.o and IIRC there is a bit less detail in them - which I
thought might lend itself more suitable for a coloring exercise - though
I could be totally wrong on that, I wonder if anyone knows the answer to
that question? (I could also compare with my own eyes, no? :0)

Across the legacy OO.o sites, there is reasonable documentation covering
the color branding elements used in release cycle -

Other resource page:
http://ui.openoffice.org/VisualDesign/OOo3_refresh.html
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/MimeType_Icons#The_unified_ODF_MimeType_Icons_for_OpenOffice.org_3.2.1

so, maybe if we want to pick up no Eric's comment in an earlier email
today about a contest even...but personally believe it would be a
mistake simply to revert to the pre-odf icon set, preferring the idea of
continuing movement forward, even in this small but visible areaa, by
first trying to address the color request with the current monochrome
graphics as base.

//drew