incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: old colored vs new monochrome icons
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 21:44:56 GMT
On Thu, 2011-12-15 at 11:54 -0800, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> --- Gio 15/12/11, Marcus (OOo) ha scritto:
>

> > However, I still don't see a reason to delete the b/w
> > icons. Nothing has to be done. The bitmaps are there,
> > they get into builds, when we have
> > these icons colored then they become the default and the
> > b/w can be chosen manually.
> >
> Nothing dies in SVN :).
> One reason to bring in the old icons would be indeed
> to have them in subversion and not have to go looking
> for them somewhere else so unless someone implements
> a switch they could go in where they were before
> they were removed.
>
> My idea, though, is first to attempt to color the new
> icons:
>
> Writer  --> keeps the blue tag
> Calc    --> green
> Impress --> orange
> Base    --> red
>
> I haven't yet found a graphic package that I find really
> comfortable with so this will have to wait a bit more.

Just a heads up - I've started coloring the current monochrome set also,
I;m taking a very minimalist approach - sometime over the weekend I'll
put up, on the wiki, what I have..

What i don't have are svg files for the different icons (are those in
the SVN tree now?), rather I'm working off the set of ODF icons found on
the ODF Toolkit site, which is a full set of png, ics and ico images for
the document mimetypes.

There really is two simple ways that I see
- one just change the ODF box
- leave the ODF box blue, add a touch of color per module in the icon
body. (this one gets a bit, maybe, too minimalist in the 16x16
world...will see)

For the moment I've started work on the 48x48 px images, going
vertically trough the set of mimetypes, that I thought would be a good
review point for this.

Best wishes,

//drew