incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About the Former Native Language projects
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 01:45:49 GMT
FWIW;

--- Mar 13/12/11, tj <tj@apache.org> ha scritto:
> Hi, Claudio,
>
> This is a personal note. I never have contributed a line of
> code to the
> project, nor was I invited as an initial committer. But I
> work hard
> around here, on various things like the wiki. The other
> members voted me
> in as a committer and PPMC member; it can happen.

My case is similar: I never submitted any line of code
to the project before being voted a committer. I doubt
anyone actually thought I would commit stuff.

Furthermore, I was never part of the previous OOo
community and my main interest for hanging around
here is/was the license change. I think when 3.4
is released we should be very verbal about it ...
marketing should be considering phrases in the lines
of "Now OpenOffice is REALLY free!"

cheers,

Pedro.