incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: ooo-announce list
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 21:28:27 GMT
On Mon, 2011-12-12 at 16:52 -0500, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> > I see that many other projects have an official announce list.  This
> > would be used for official public communications:

Excellent.

I just wanted to come back to one item - interfacing the Blog.

I think you came it from the case of making posts to the announce list
about bog postings and that was seen as redundant - I agree in that
scenario - but - what I do think does make sense is that when something
is worthy to go out on the announce ML then a copy of the content (minus
any ML adornments [footer lines, etc] of course) should go as a post to
the blog.

I suspect that could be automated fairly easily, but even if not then
it's not that large a burden for someone to just take the task of
posting the content to the blog.

Best wishes,

//drew