incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <>
Subject old colored vs new monochrome icons
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 16:28:45 GMT

Perhaps it's time to retake the famous issue concerning the
unpopular icon coloring change for

It looks like this change:

caused this reaction:

And while the easy solution would be to revert the change
and leave the older icons in place, there was a redesign
effort that motivated the change that I don't think we
should ignore:

I would think that we should keep the new icons but
effectively color code them: it doesn't seem difficult
to do in a first glance but ultimately this is a delicate
issue that is likely to cause strong reactions in the end
user. In other words: I am not volunteering to do it ;-).

This issue is rather important to solve for AOO 3.4. So
some discussion about the issue and some general
consensus involving the wider community would be very
beneficial at this point.

best regards,

View raw message