incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: License of used 3rd party component Berkeley DB - clarification needed
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 15:08:58 GMT
FWIW;

Sleepycat was a company started by some guys from Berkeley
(like in BSD) that wrote the classic bdb still distributed
in the BSD4.4 derived distributions.

The company was later bought by Oracle.

For replacements you probably don't want to go back
to the version in FreeBSD ... I don't know if maybe
sqlite which is rather small fits the bill[1].

cheers,

Pedro.

[1] http://www.sqlite.org/