incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: Aoo logo draft
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 13:41:25 GMT
Good morning (for those nearby)

On Fri, 2011-12-02 at 16:16 +0800, Peter Junge wrote:
<snip>
> As mascot, I could well imagine a gull dressed as an Indian with an
> Apache feather.

Noticed a comment to the original post on the wiki:

--
Dennis E. Hamilton says:
I like the idea. It is a bit distracting that the "pache" does not match

How does it look if that line is all set in the same weight?

I made some quick adjustments, after feeding the dog, to the svg file
and generated a couple of example png's from it - wasn't sure how
Confluence handles versions for files - so uploaded new files to the
wiki page.

Here is an example png files (300 x 150 px) to match the base image size
used for the current logo on the wiki
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/27832565/alphabold_300x150px.png
with the following changes:

The capital letters are now set to font M+ 1c (more elongated)
All characters in Apache are bold
The word Incubator is also M+ 1c font & bold
Changed color space on inkscape project

- not sure that helped the color, so will come back to that later this
afternoon/evening

I did leave the 'pen' in Open as normal (not bold) text - I this makes
the overall look feel lighter ( more _open :0 )..while the gulls work to
keep the eye focused.

OK - off to real work things for now.

//drew