incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: old colored vs new monochrome icons
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 07:51:04 GMT
Hi Jürgen,

Le 15 déc. 11 à 08:42, Jürgen Schmidt a écrit :

>> Right now I am actually playing with the new icons to colorize
>> them: the new icons are very well done and colorizing them is not
>> easy but I think it would be
>> worth it.
>
> :-) mmh the reason is that they were made by a professional
> designer (paid by Sun/Oracle) as all or most of the other icons in
> the office as well. A resource that is not longer available :-(

Stella did a nice work, and I bet she wrote a graphic chart and
explained everything on the wiki.

I was wondering: would the Apache Foundation be able to organize a
contest (e.g. rewarding the best Design with some price, or -why not-
money ?

This could be a nice occasion to communicate around Apache
OpenOffice.org, and explain everything to the public ?

Regards,
Eric

--
qɔᴉɹə