incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [WWW] new term for old "accepted" projects
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 22:38:38 GMT

On Dec 21, 2011, at 2:04 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:

> Hi all--
>
> I was just looking at /projects/accepted.html on
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/
>
> with the intention of changing the links to the relative treatment we're
> using now when I see that Dave has already taken of this! Go Dave! :)

Thanks, I've done a ton. I think we are nearly ready to migrate. I did a lot and I think that
every "project" is in place and renders as well as can be expected at this point.

Next step is to list all the issues I've seen and then to categorize as:

(A) To Do Before Migration - like your issue below. This list is short.

(B) Nice to Have's - like dealing with the few deep .htm as opposed to .html pages.

(C) Possible Trademark Conundrums - mostly having to do with chaotic but successful management
of NLC projects - like Greek OpenOffice.org - an anti-pattern to Apache naming. Also, countries
like openoffice.org.tr and openoffice.org.il

> My question now is -- it would be nice to highlight this page from the home
> page as we've done with the "Native Language" area ( another very nice
> treatment by Dave!) but what should we call these areas now?
> I don't think they should be called "projects" but maybe "teams"? Teh top
> verbiage on "accepted.html" would need to be changed as well.

I agree that all of the former OOo projects should be called "Teams" - after all they had
"Team Leaders" which should go though they are useful historically.

I think that I should add a "Teams" menu item to the topnav menu. The verbiage at the top
should point to the podling site. And discuss the real whole team at ooo-dev.

We should also add "Product" to the topnav pointing at /product/.

> It looks like the new site is really moving along well...YAY

I'll add Product and Teams to the topnav and you can do what you want to accepted, incubator
(change the name as well?) and native-lang.

This will substantially reduce the number of items in (A)

Regards,
Dave