incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject RE: [WWW] Changeover is Close - Final Tasks!
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 21:07:05 GMT

My being a committer and being competent to CTR
are two different things.  (Plus I don't see how that page relates to the problem I am pointing

I have not learned what it takes to contribute to ooo-site and I am not going to be setting
aside an existing backlog of promises to learn that today.

When you talk about redirecting to, are you talking about
a redirect on the domain name or a redirect of or whatever
the default page is?

I see you have a later message and I'll respond to that now.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Fisher []
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2011 12:34
Subject: Re: [WWW] Changeover is Close - Final Tasks!

On Dec 22, 2011, at 12:21 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> Apparently so.  I just saw Dave's affirmation of that.
> I've never used in accessing the site and in any shortcuts/bookmarks.
Had I not been paying attention to ooo-dev, I would be one of those who will not notice that
there is a cut-over [;<).
> So I guess there needs to be something on that lets folks know what
can still be found on and http://* for *!= www.

wave@minotaur:~$ curl
<title>302 Found</title>

There is nothing to say on

There needs to be something said about the legacy project email on

That page should be changed to promote our current lists at i.a.o.

The plan for MLs.

That has the main ML including their archives. For
other MLs is the starting place.

> Something on the page about is probably useful
too.  But deep linkers will find whatever they find.
> The only thing within my power in this context might be to wip up a blog post as soon
as cut-over happens.  Then it becomes possible to illustrate what different links will do
until there is more cut-over down the road.

You are a committer and can use the Apache CMS directly on

Please CTR!

> - Dennis
each of the projects (and NL projects) have:
>> <>.
>> If you have an login, you will see Subscribe and (if already subscribed)
Unsubscribe buttons for each list on that page.  Also, the archives are accessible from those
pages in a browser-friendly form.  This is how one can read the list using a browser and there
is even a way to post to the list via the web interface.
>> While some people aren't aware that there is this one-stop arrangement and use the
e-mail means of controlling their subscription, others rely on this, including TJ for administrative
>> This aspect of the mailing-list service will go away with the cut-over of the web
site.  There is no reminder or announcement about that.
>> - Dennis

View raw message