incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IP Clearance Milestone
Date Sat, 24 Dec 2011 03:06:43 GMT

On 2011-12-23, at 19:41 , Shane Curcuru wrote:

> But I have and idea.  Why not make a blog post, and then use the new announce list (and
various social media channels) to tell this story?

That is what we did at an early stage in the PR evolution, before we worked with professional
(costly/pro-bono) PR agencies. We maintained--and I still have it in my Blogger account--newsletter.blogspot;
prior to that, I maintained newsletter@openoffice and so on.

I'd be interested if others would want to rekindle the PR steam engine and start anew. I am
much, much less involved in this project's doings, now, fwiw.

In short, a *communal* blogpost, as we maintained for a while (Khirano can recall, I am sure)
seems apt. I can also ask my far too many press friends and contacts to listen up.

But what do we want? Users, developers, contributors? Someone(s) to see that we are not the
thawed out undead but freshborn of the living? And so do we simply want the world to see us
as a community they can count in and on?

Louis