incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: How many languages will Apache OpenOffice support?
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 23:52:31 GMT
Concerning what was provided with OOo-dev 3.4.0:

I think the last stable release is more interesting:
<http://download.openoffice.org/other.html>.

Since the front page at openoffice.org has changed, I can't find the OOo-dev
download page any longer, although the release notes are still there:
<http://development.openoffice.org/releases/3.4beta.html>.

OH WAIT.  Here: <http://download.openoffice.org/all_beta.html>.  That was
tricky to find.

So, the only full OOo-dev 3.4.0 install is for English.  There are individual
platform-separate "Langpack" downloads for support of each of the other
languages.

When I download and install the Italian langpack, my default OOo-dev settings
are not changed, but there is now an option to change the UI to Italian.
There is also an Italian writing-aid set that I can now select for documents
being edited.  English, French, and Spanish came in with the initial OOo-dev
3.4.0, but without the UI customization bits.

 - Dennis