incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [CODE] Replace buildid by svn revision, and fix broken --with-build-version
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2011 23:49:01 GMT
Ariel,

Thanks.  That's a great source for a build number.  That will help QA reporting immensely.

I think the SVN number advances ASF-wide, so although our code base might not have changed,
it still differentiates builds and it is a non-decreasing value.  That should be good enough
for now.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Ariel Constenla-Haile [mailto:arielch@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 13:21
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [CODE] Replace buildid by svn revision, and fix broken --with-build-version

Hi there,

the attached patches are an attempt to replace the build-id by the
subversion revision; and fix --with-build-version that didn't work.

The svn revision is set in configure (I guess this could have been done
somewhere in the perl installer code).
It supports both subversion and git-svn repositories. In case of plane
sources without repo, the build-id is set to 0.
(Tested only with git-svn).

[ ... ]