incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [WWW] migration complete...at least I think so
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2011 18:55:24 GMT
Hi.  I don't think --force skips errors, I think it does other things.

The problem I noticed is that that, for example, in the documentation/HOW_TO/spreadsheet folder,
there are *different* files whose names are only different in the use of upper-/lower-case.
 For example, sty2.GIF and sty2.gif.  These are actually different and checkout and update
on a Windows/MacOSX, and other case-insensitive file systems will fail when the duplicate
is reached.  This also leaves the folder in a funny state in the Working Copy.  Clean-up can't
fix it either.

I need to install a Windows command-line build of co to see if --force is any help at all.
Tortoise SVN doesn't have a way of exercising that case, or of skipping the failure.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Kay Schenk [mailto:kay.schenk@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2011 10:21
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [WWW] migration complete...at least I think so

Hi Dave--

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi Kay,
>
> Great work!
>
> BTW - I still have trouble. I can get around it, but it is very painful.
>
> svn cleanup
> svn: In directory 'trunk/content/documentation/HOW_TO/spreadsheet'
> svn: Error processing command 'modify-wcprop' in
> 'trunk/content/documentation/HOW_TO/spreadsheet'
> svn: 'trunk/content/documentation/HOW_TO/spreadsheet/calc2PDF.ZIP' is not
> under version control
>
> I think you'll need remove these GIF, PDF and ZIP files as gif, pdf and
> zip. Case matters.

yeah, I heard this from Dennis as well. Uh...I don't really know where all
these are and it might not be easy to track them down. I was hoping you
(and others) could still do a checkout (maybe use --force) to get what you
could.

I'm on case sensitive linux and no problems.

I won't have time to deal with this for at least a week.

> I'll be working on the wrapping.

hmmmm...OK. I wish I knew more about why this is needed. Oh well.

> We'll need to be aware of when we do big SVN transactions and arrange
> these with Infrastructure.
>
> (1) I think that the staging build broke last night.

Oh dear...I'll check this out later. I might be able to do this manually in
segments.
It seemed were going pretty well from the svn end with one exception.

> (2) When we publish.pl from staging we must ask Infrastructure to do it.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
> On Dec 1, 2011, at 10:04 AM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>
> > I am finally DONE with the huge migration/update to
> >
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/
> >
> > I saved one of the biggest to last yesterday...marketing.
> >
> > The total size of this repository is: 8.2G
> >
> > so you need to be aware of this as well as lengthy checkout  times the
> > first time around.
> >
> > I may have some minor clean-up on DOS line ending files that didn't get
> > committed the first time through, but I anticipate this will be less than
> > about 20 commits.
> >
> > Thanks for your understanding if you were trying to do checkouts this
> past
> > week or so.
> >
> > PLEASE let me know if you run into any lock out or other file omission
> > problems with any areas (I think I took care of the N-L areas a few weeks
> > ago but I may have overlooked some), I will take care of this.
> >
> > This DOES NOT include the legacy OpenOffice.org "incubator" sites.
> >
> > Now on to other things.
> >
> > --

> > MzK
> >
> > "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged
> > by the way its animals are treated."
> >                              -- Mohandas Gandhi

MzK