incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@apache.org>
Subject RE: old colored vs new monochrome icons
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 04:14:46 GMT
Ahem:

   The names "OASIS", "OpenDocument", "Open Document Format"
   and "ODF" are trademarks of OASIS, the owner and developer
   of this specification, and should only be used to refer to
   the organization and its official outputs.  OASIS welcomes
   reference to, and implementation and use of, specifications,
   while reserving the right to enforce its marks against
   misleading uses.  Please see
   http:www.oasis-open.org/who/trademark.php for above [sic]
   guidance.

>From the Notices front matter, p.3 of Open Document Format for
Office Applications (OpenDocument) v1.1, OASIS Standard,
1 Feb 2007.

The same notice appears in the ODF 1.2 specification documents.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2011 17:44
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: old colored vs new monochrome icons

For what it's worth Part II: I just checked the installed-icon sizes of all
the LibreOffice ones, and they do just fine without any letters or wording on
them at all.  (They don't have the extra-large ones that will be shown if
available on Windows 7, so one of the smaller one appears at that size
instead.)

I assume if ODF "branding" is used, those icons can be used by any
ODF-supporting implementation?

 - Dennis