incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [odfauthors-discuss] Chapter 1 of the Base Guide ready for publication
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 06:37:38 GMT
 1. The wiki has moved under ASF hosting, of course.  All of the previous content is still
there.  See, e.g.,  <http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/OOo3.3_User_Guide_Chapters>.

 2. At the bottom of that page, however, is the new Wiki:Copyright Links. It is to this page:
<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org_Wiki:Copyrights>.  I am not
sure how this works relative to pages that have an existing license statement for the page,
but this seems to be relevant to your question: "In posting a new contribution, you are licensing
that contribution under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (ALv2)."

 3. I am cross-posting this message to ooo-dev, since that is apparently where this approach
was arrived at.  Perhaps there is an accommodation that allows Documentation | CC-BY License
(not CC-BY-SA or CC-NC-SA) to still qualify. I would not assume that without obtaining some
sort of explicit agreement.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: odfauthors-discuss-bounces+dennis.hamilton=acm.org@lists.odfauthors.org [mailto:odfauthors-discuss-bounces+dennis.hamilton=acm.org@lists.odfauthors.org]
On Behalf Of Jean Weber
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2011 22:12
To: ODFAuthors
Cc: dev@documentation.openoffice.org
Subject: Re: [odfauthors-discuss] Chapter 1 of the Base Guide ready for publication

That's fabulous news, Dan, and it's an excellent start to the book.
I'll have a quick flip through the chapter and then put it on the OOo
wiki... though at this point I'm not sure what's going to happen with
all the ODFAuthors items on the OOo wiki. I haven't been paying close
enough attention to know whether a decision has been made about
whether they can stay there in the Apache OOo incarnation of the wiki.
Regardless of that detail -- the books will remain available, and the
Base Guide will be available as it is published.

Perhaps TJ or Dennis or someone more actively involved at AOOo knows...

--Jean