incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: old colored vs new monochrome icons
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 01:43:57 GMT
For what it's worth Part II: I just checked the installed-icon sizes of all
the LibreOffice ones, and they do just fine without any letters or wording on
them at all.  (They don't have the extra-large ones that will be shown if
available on Windows 7, so one of the smaller one appears at that size
instead.)

I assume if ODF "branding" is used, those icons can be used by any
ODF-supporting implementation?

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2011 17:26
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: old colored vs new monochrome icons

For what it's worth, absent some sort of conformance test for ODF documents, I
am not that thrilled to see OpenOffice provide icons that may suggest a bit
too much alignment with the ODF specifications.

(I was similarly distracted when the OOoAuthors decided to become the
ODFAuthors, but what they write about is OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice at the
user level.)

I'm not sure OASIS would be pleased either, but I have no interest in pursuing
that question.