incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Cleanup of Docs section of OOo wiki?
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2011 19:49:10 GMT
Jean,

Backing up a little.  A sketch of the situation just in case there are blanks that need to
be filled in [;<).  I think you may already be familiar with all of this, but I want to
make sure your question is answered in context.

The way the site is to be maintained, it starts on SVN first and then pages are generated
to a staging/review area and then onto the server location that serves up as the site.  That
is currently the draft site that will become http://openoffice.org when the cut-over happens.
 (I believe the Oracle-hosted site has a similar model so this is probably not new news.)

You can find the authoring location for the docs sections at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/docs/
and the documentation project under content/documentation/ (this is what serves up as documentation.openoffice.org
I believe).

You can look at those in a web browser to get a taste.  But you'll need to use SVN and checkout
(just creates a local working copy, doesn't lock anything) to work on the material.  You must
use the https: form of URL for checkout and your first check-in will require your Apache committer
credentials.

You'll see what Dave and Shane mean about wrappers and such in looking at the various materials.
 There appear to be many plain HTML pages too.

Kay Schenk has spent time on the material too and I'm sure will be a good resource for you
because of her familiarity with the original site and the ooo-site.

Is there any of the user documentation on the MediaWiki?  That works the way it always did.

 - Dennis